Board Certified and specializing in operative and non-operating spine treatments, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty, Workers Compensation injuries, and spine orthopaedics. He graduated from the Medical University of South Carolina and University of North Carolina, Greensboro. Dr. Mitchell completed his spine fellowship at the Indiana Spine Group in Indianapolis. He is also an appointed Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics at the Medical University of South Carolina.
Dr. Mitchell has been evaluating spinal fractures in the office for years and was the first physician in South Carolina to perform kyphoplasty in the office setting for Medicare patients in 2012. If you have a painful vertebral fracture, kyphoplasty in office is generally as safe as, and significantly less expensive than, the same procedure done in a hospital setting.
Dr. Mitchell also serves as a volunteer sidelines physician for Dorman High School. He is one of the mentors for Wofford College students who are deciding on the career course. Wofford College students shadow various physicians in the office and at the hospital to help them determine what field they want to pursue.
He is a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Spartanburg. His hobbies include antique radios, white-water rafting, and science education.
Board Certified and Specializing in…
- Operating and non-operative spine treatments
- Workers Compensation injuries
- Spinalplasty® vertebroplasty using Confidence System
- Spineplasty® surgical treatment of spinal alignment
- Past President of the South Carolina Orthopaedic Association
- Past President of the South Carolina Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery Certified Since 1998